4 Sept 2007

Thoughtful


Now i really like this prompt as these are the kind of moments that i want to capture. Still a bit difficult to take specific pics during the day so this is one of the ones i took at our evening in Looe a couple weeks ago...it was around 6pm when we left, very few people there and Emily, the nature girl she is just stripped off her swimsuit...made sand angels and ran around the beach for about half an hour before going down to the sea where she just stood and watched for about 2 minutes. Now for Emily...peacefulness and calm are NOT two words that spring to mind so for me to get this was magic and my fave pic of the 50 or so that i took.


My most thoughtful daughter is Freya, and sometimes thoughtful means a bit of a worrier too. She sometimes takes everyones problems on board and is such a caring girl...sometimes a little too serious. So I love it when she lets go and this is a layout i did last week with some photos in from our first Butlins trip 5 years ago (almost to the day actually). I really can't wait to go back in a couple weeks when she'll be old enough now to go off and do her own thing with bessie mate Shannon.

The layout was one done with a jenni bowlin kit and i'm not that happy with it cos i tried out my Sparkling H2O's on this and think i may have used too much water cos the cardstock was just buckling.....any hints and tips with these paints are much appreciated..i've never been a painter and was just trying to give it a sparkly wash.....which hasn't even shown up in the photo! LOL

14 comments:

Bobs said...

Gorgeous shot. I can lose myself in thought at the beach too.

sharon said...

I love the fact you can see this pic reflects thoughtful without seeing any facial expressions..excellect

Unknown said...

Beautiful shot, love it x

All of my Todays said...

Really beautiful shot, but the best bit is the music!! My fav ever Pink song so it got turned up to full volume and I sang along - loudly. When they complain I'll send the neighbours round to you! Lol x

Hazel said...

The LO is fab and so is the thoughtful photo - well done

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it what a gorgeous shot!! and the layout is fabulous too.. so pretty :)

Charli said...

Love it Terrie - i thought i recognised the beach with that stoney bit that juts out into the sea - we used to visit there a lot. My ma and my brother were expert crab catchers at the side where all the shops are - its a lovely place x

Vanda said...

Aww that's such a gorgeous photo xXx

Joy said...

Gorgeous pic!!! Love love it!

WendyB said...

Love the beach shot, just seen the 'fall' shot too - aw poor thing.

Amanda said...

Thats a brilliant piccie

etteY said...

simply beautiful!

Pam said...

beautiful photo. the water is a wonderful color.

Anne said...

Oh Gasp Terri! I adore your first thoughtful one - anything with the sea in does it for me and your little girl looks so lost in thought! Gorgeous! Excellent LO too!