2 Sept 2007

I Survived!



...and iv'e got to say that the kids were all pretty great last night although it was very late by the time Natasha got to sleep. I'd let her nap quite late in the day as i knew she wouldn't want to go to bed early with her cousins staying over but maybe she'd napped too late as it was gone 11 before she stopped running around in the dark whilst everyone else was snoring their heads off. You see she's only been in a bed now for under a fortnight so it's all pretty new and she's trying to make the most of her freedom! Top is a little piccie of the munchkins having a nutritious meal of dominos pizza! Excuse the state of the kitchen but it's a work in progress (as in taking forever progress!). Poor pic quality but the little blighters wouldn't keep still!

thought i'd add another of the little projects i did for Scrap Studio which was this door hanger. Really easy to make and perfect for Freya's oncoming of 'privacy' hormones!

Talking of Freya this is a layout i did the other night, the papers from Urban Lilly are lovely but i have found them hard to work with unless you do very little to them. I loved this paper so all i did was add a striking photo and some journalling from the heart, i don't think it really needed anything else so not so much a creative venture, rather a heartfelt one.


I did have some fabby news last night though...for months i've been wanting to go to Scrap Camp but as Pete has been unable to get time off work I had resigned myself to not being able to go. Then my mum made a passing comment the other day so I pushed a little further and now between her and my sister they're having the girls for me for the weekend! It'll be my first crop over more than a day which i'm really excited about. It'll be great to meet so many people that i've talked to online and they have an acrylic class which i can't wait to do to get some ideas for that acrylic album i bought last week.

Theres a lovely load of teachers there too. Cleo Evans, ooops that should be Jarvis now shouldn't it.....well i just love her style she is sooooo funky. I've had the pleasure of taking a class with Kirsty Wiseman before and she'll also be teaching there...there is also of course the UK Scrapbook legend that is Jane Dean and also coming all the way from the US of A is MariaGrace Abuzman so it's really exciting stuff.

It'll be great to meet up with so many people that i chat to online and see them in the flesh....i hope theres a few there who like a tipple or two aswell as i'll be making the most of no kids, no husband and no worries....just excuse me if i can't focus in the mornings!

Trying to play catch up to where i am at the moment with scrapping...... so heres another layout done using a Jenni Bowlin kit from months ago that i hadn't touched. I ended up cancelling my subscription as it really wasn't my 'thing' and i found it really hard to work with. So have done some quite twee layouts with it...just trying to use it up really. This is a photo that i love though, it's of Freya taken five years ago with my dad just after i'd moved into my new flat (which i only ended up having for 6 months anyway as i moved in wiht Pete). I'd started doing it up as soon as i moved in and i had the most gorgeous purple wall in there.....i miss my purple wall!

Anyway onto this morning......the Sunday prompt on HSMS on Sundays is now SOS or show off Sundays so a photo that you're proud of or something interesting. Well i took this photo a couple of months ago. My dad had bought around a toy for emily that he'd picked up at a charity shop or car boot sale or something and it's one of those little wooden toys that has glass in the bottom and when you turn it around it has a kind of kaleidascope effect but without the colour so i thought i'd have a go at placing it infront of the camera lens. I should've taken more to try and get it perfect but as i'd only had the DSLR a couple of days i was still really playing but i think i'll have to try this again as i like the effect. Oh, by the way...that's my dad in the photo...i think if you check out yesterdays self portrait you can see the resemblence.

22 comments:

Katy said...

This is really cool, clever old you. :).

All of my Todays said...

Wow what a great idea and a brilliant effect makes me think of a spiders eye.
x

Marina said...

Hi terrie love the pic, would love to know when scrap camp is i live just done road from you in Launceston is it near by? :~)xx

Jolanda said...

Love the caleidoscope!

Pink Blossom Creations said...

fantastic photos Terrie how clever is that
Caroline x

Sarah said...

Congratulations for surviving the night!

Great picture, I would never have thought of trying that. x

Unknown said...

Oooh I likey, very clever! x

Bobs said...

I love this! Well done, you!!

Anonymous said...

oooh how did you do that!! Cool:)

Just love the layouts and door hanger too, they're fab :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layouts hun :o)

Love the photo too - very funky!

Thanks for the heads up about the old link, I did change it a little while ago, but obviously didn't check it! Sorry about that xxx

sharon said...

wow..brilliant..never seen that before..love the sps also.x

Anonymous said...

Cool photo and great layouts.

Anonymous said...

Brave lady you are with the little ones. Love your pic I had wondered about doing the same thing but had not tried it yet. Might have to now.

Louise said...

ooooo I love it:) fabby shot:)

Angela said...

Great projects! Awesome show off today!

Looby said...

fantastic pic!

Hazel said...

What a fascinating photo!

Pam said...

what an interesting photo. great effect.

Phil said...

What an amazing effect! Fantastic!

Eleanor said...

Stroke of genius - it works so well.
E
xx

Unknown said...

very cool photo...and your door hanger is gorgeous!!!

Sam said...

OMG I LOVE the door hanger...never mind the kids I want one of those!