18 Oct 2007

I have things to share!

So boxes have been opened. I now have some more of the colour mists which i can't get enough of at the moment: Thanks for Linz at Crafty Pastimes. I also recieved a new order from Craft obsessions for some of the new Autumn Leaves stamps. Unfortunately one of the stamps i wanted was gone by the time i rang in the order so i have to wait for that one but have you seen these new stamps....I really love the autumn leaves ones.


I've got the postmark ones nows and the ticket ones are on back order. They remind me of the jenni bowlin kits i was getting early this year, loved the tickets but i felt the kit was getting a bit samey so i've ditched that now in favour of the Badgirls kits. Oh i can't wait for that delivery to turn up.


I also bought a new alphabet one which is really cute from the new AL stamps, oh i wish i could have them all!


I still have two other orders that i'm waiting on from last week. Seems the RM have sent deliveries into chaos and now it's all arse about face. Stuff that i ordered the beginning of this week has arrived, stuff that was ordered on the 9th hasn't. The thing is one of the parcels that i'm waiting for i really need to be able to do my projects for my Papercraft Junkies challenge so i'm sooooo hoping that it's going to be here by saturday so i can get going as one of the projects is a bit 'involved'!

I do have a new thing to add to my stash wishlist though.....i'm desperate for a dymo...not the new printing ones but one of the embossing ones so may have to scour the net for one of those later. Plus i've seen the new Queen & Co Felt ribbon on the latest Craft Obsessions update and it looks lovely. I had some of the flower one in a Scrapstudio kit earlier in the year and loved it but look at the variety there is now!

The flowers are gorgeous anyway, but theres is a whole range of autumn ones like leaves, pumpkins and bats. There are also gorgeous hearts, scrolls, stars and xmas ones which are snowmen and snowflakes.

I've never really been someone that's into ribbon, i always seem to struggle a bit knowing what to do with it (i remember in the first layout i did i used it to frame a photo!) but this felt ribbon is something else.....may have to place another order at the end of the month (even though i have three kids birthdays and xmas coming up!)




So i actually finished two projects last night. One is for the Papercraft Junkies challenge which will go up on Sunday night so i can only share a peak with you. There's still very few scrapbookers on the site so i thought i may encourage some cardmakers to have a go by doing a layout with NO patterned paper. Boy this was harder than i thought it would be as i've never done it before and i do like to stroke and play with my papers but after much faffing I finished it last night. It's very different from my usual layouts so i'll be interested to see what people think of it once I've uploaded it in it's entirety.




I've also finished the paperbag book that i did with Kirsty Wiseman at Scrapcamp. So i've included a few pics of that too although i think i may add a bit more to it over the next couple of days. We used Scenic route papers and i've added various bits since i came home including cutting some heidi swapp stencils from some gorgeous green velvet paper that Tracie gave me (wink and a kiss for that one.x.)


I'd never made a paperbag book before but i think i'll make another like this as the pockets are lovely just to add extra photos and journalling. I love the little tabs on the top aswell. Apparently kirsty hates scraps so one of the challenges at scrapcamp was to make something with the leftovers but unfortunately i didn't have time to do it so i'm going to make something with mine tonight.


I used the album for a little book about our recent trip to Butlins concentrating on each of the girls experiences and why it was a special holiday for each of them. I've used a L'il Davis journalling stamp inside the chipboard cover and added a few stickers from a Jenni Bowlin kit to the above page.


For Freya this was a big 'coming of age' journey. Even though she's only coming up 10 this was the first time she'd ever asked me if she looked nice before she went out (with a mountain of lipgloss on!). It's hard sometimes to get to grips with the fact that my little girl isn't such a little girl anymore. As a family we've had a pretty difficult couple of years with Pete away so much and having a new baby and Freya has bore the brunt of that on several occasions. But she's always helped out and done whatever i've asked of her and that's why this holiday was special for her as she could just go off and do her own thing with Shannon.



The journalling ta on this one was my first use of my colour washes and a heidi swapp mini heart mask. There's tons more to show but i'll save that for tomorrow as i have tons of other stuff to catch up on. Have fun playing today. X

2 comments:

Tracie H said...

The PB Book looks fab.....I really love it.....hey Mrs F....I blame you for the parcels that arrived at my door today! Craft Obsessions Rock!
T.x.x.x

Unknown said...

Mini book is brill! Know what you mean about ribbons, I can never think what to do with them either. Did get some of the brown autumn leave felt type in my latest Mosh Posh kit and its gorgeous x