7 Oct 2007

What a weekend!


Well guys i'm back and i've had a fantastic weekend. Scrapcamp was great fun and i had an absolute blast. I met so many people that i've spoke to online, people who's work i'd admired, people i didn't know that were soooo friendly, did some great classes with some fantastic teachers, had an absolute ball, some great food, chats and even a couple of lie-ins! My only regret is not taking enough photographs. I've come home with fond memories, some great new friends, bags of new stash, some great projects to finish and a head buzzing full of new ideas and techniques to try. I just can't wait.

Mandy from ScrapStudio certainly had her work cut out for her what with a last minute venue change and a wedding to cater around but she most certainly pulled it off. As my first retreat it's made me hungry for more and although it was announced that this would be the last one, i'm not alone in hoping that she'll change her mind! If anyone who went reads this blog and has any photos to share of the event, i would be greatful for some more snaps so do email me at terriefarrell@hotmail.com and I'll give you the addy of a mailbox you can email them to. For all those that kindly swapped their 4x4 personal cards with me, even though i didn't have anything to give in return, i'm working on those this week and will hopefully send everyone something back the end of the week.


A BIG BIG thank you to Debby.....this lady is on the same UKS team as me and i was so excited to hear that she'd be there and that we'd finally meet in the flesh. She knew i'd had a rough few months and when i saw her on Friday she gave me a gift bag. She told me that it contained all i'd need to pamper myself for the weekend...a little miss giggle bubble bath, a little bottle of rose and some chocs. I was blown away at the thoughfulness and could have hugged her and not let go.


I did two classes with Maria Grace Abuzman who came over from the US. She designs for Fontworks and Two Peas. One was a layout class on Friday and i also did an album class today using the bind it all. Time seemed to not be on our side though and although i've finished the layout (something VERY different to what i normally do...stitching for a start!) I'm yet to finish the album which i'm hoping to do tomorrow. It's a lot of personal journalling so i want to make sure i get it right.......She did a lot of masking with these fantastic Heidi Swapp masks and some ranger spritz inks which i just have to get my hands on now as they were wonderful, if not just a tad messy!

This is a photo i took of the cover of Marias, with so much painting, stamping, glittering and spritzing i was such a colourful mess by the end of the class.. just in time for going home!



I had the honour of then taking a class by the legend that is Jane Dean....not only is she wonderfully talented, she is also the best teacher i've ever come across. Jane was really encouraging, made sure she went round the whole group and was soooo organised. But on top of that she is one of the funniest women i have ever met. She has such a dry sense of humour and her anecdotes at the 'party' last night had me in stitches. I just imagine that she lives in a house with so much fun and laughter.




I also did one of Kirsty Wisemans classes which was an ickle paper bag book. This is another that im yet to finish but it's going to make a lovely record of some of the photos i took at Butlins. She also kindly took some time out to explain a bit to me about the lenses with my camera and tell me which ones i should be using for what which was very much appreciated......well you have to grab to opportunities to grill when you can!


The last classes i took were from Cleo Evans......her stuff is amazing as anyone who gets the Scrap STudio kits will testify! She's a lovely woman with a great sense of humour and some great ideas and techniques........anyone for cheeseholing????!!!


I have to say that her Home Decor class was my favourite all weekend. I'd been looking forward to this class as it used an acrylic sheet and i'd been hoping to get ideas for using my acrylic album that i bought from Craft Obsessions last month. I did finish this project but the light is too pants to be able to share it with you now so i will show you tomorrow.


I also did a layout class with Cleo using the new Bazzill stitch cardstock, something i would never have thought of using ever but it's a great layout that WILL get completed tomorrow so hopefully i'll have lots to share with you over the coming days aswell as getting back to my MY SPACE: HER SPACE prompts.


It was great to meet some of my online friends too including Racheal, Chloe and Lis but i'll share those pics with you tomorrow as its' getting late now and i've got some exciting news that i'm also going to share with you tomorrow........keep looking! X

1 comment:

Sarah Youde said...

WOW! Sounds like you had a great time :) I am so jealous that you got to meet Jane Dean - she is my hero lol.