14 Oct 2007

What a great day for England!

OK well i still don't believe that there's any passion left in English football and although we won 3-0 yesterday i'm becomming completely disillusioned with our national football team, however...even though i'm not a great rugby fan and Pete has to explain everything that's going on for my....every few seconds....i did watch the rugby last night and was loving it!


OK, not only the fact that we beat France which many thought we couldn't but just sensing the passion in the players...the way that every single one of them sang the national anthem...and not only sang but BELTED it out. I wouldn't call myself the most patriotic person on the planet but last night was very moving. Now i have to see if i'm able to watch it again next weekend without too many interruptions from the girls.


So I thought a photo of a rose was a pretty appropriate subject for today.....not technically great but it's one of the first pics that i took with my DSLR in the summer. Off to cook a lovely roast pork and enjoy our last full day as a family before Pete travels back tomorrow. X

10 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful - love floral photos.

Bobs said...

Gorgeous rose. Does it have a perfume? I imagine that it smells like a really old-fashioned country garden rose. Mmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful rose Terrie! :o) Being a Welshie I shall not comment on England's success lol xx

Rachael said...

Beautiful flower pic!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous rose xx

Diana said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh stunning photo I can almost smell those roses :D

Maaike said...

I wonder how they smell?
it must be lovely!

The Cook said...

Oh, these are so pretty. x

etteY said...

beautiful pink roses! love it!