23 Aug 2007

Absolutely Awesome!

Had a fantastic day! Freya made a card to give to Pink at the concert, strapped it to a teddy bear and then we were off! Firstly me and Freya spent an extortionate amount of money shopping....clothes for holiday, back to school stuff etc. She bought a really cool bright yellow long tee with black skull and crossbones on it and looked fabby in it, i swear that girl could be a model! Mum on the other hand gasped at everything she 'couldn't' try on...lets just say i've got to get back on the diet wagon on Monday...so obviously will pig out this weekend LOL. One thing that isn't fat on me though is my feet so bought a lovely pair of new shoes to replace my soon to be retired crocs. I love my crocs but there comes a time when everyones wearing them that they lose the quirkiness that you loved about them in the first place so i bought these beauties, actually went to buy another colour too on the promise of a little discount if i bought two pairs but they didn't have the brown and pink ones in my size - poo! I did treat myself to a little splurge in Coast though, a nice little outfit for my holiday which i'll keep a secret til then.....and keep the reciept a secret til my grave!

When we got to the venue we still had a long wait in store but kept ourselves amused by chatting with the rest of the people waiting patiently. Freya gave her card and leopard teddy to one of the security guards in the hope that it may get Pinks dressing room, bless her, she even included her phone number incase Pink fancied a chat! We queued for three hours outside and got right down the front for the concert. Freya was completely mad for it...screaming as soon as Pink came on stage, singing her heart out and ramming her fist in the air in time with the music. Pink got into the gap between the stage and the audience and after briefly holding her hand, Freya has now vowed not to wash her left hand ever again! Awesome concert and now i want to go again.


So i'm absolutely knackered at the moment...eyes still bleary and loads to do today so going to catch up on gallery comments and do a little online stash shopping - naughty naughty. Little story for the HSMS prompt today. When i got home last night, Pete asked me how good a mood i was in.....i hesitatedly (is that a word?) said 'good - why?'. Well apparently, 3 year old Emily had decided to paint her nails last night so crept into our room, opened the red polish and painted not only her toes and fingers but almost the entire room. Apparently it looked like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre had occured with red splats not only over the leather pc chair, all over her body and clothes...but also over my 'white' sheets! So heres a peak at what i came home too. I asked Pete if he'd taken a picture of it all when it happened and he almost looked at me as if i was mad.....guess he'll never be a scrapbooker then!

The second pick is just a quirky take....this 'sculpture' is in the Eden Project and just represents all the white goods that people throw out

14 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh!!! Your white sheets!!! Love the photos.

Gal Friday said...

I feel so left out, I just finally broke down and bought my first pair of crocks. Does it matter that I bought them for comfort, and not style. I wear a womens size 12 and they look like huge rubber snow shoes on my feet. But dag gone it they are comfortable.

All of my Todays said...

OMG I'm even more jealous now I know you were at the front. I have to get tickets next time she's here - but I do have crusty demons and babes to look forward too. Lol Thanks for inspiring me to look for something to go and see. Even if it's not Pink.
Rach
x

Angela said...

Great pics, you've just gotta love little girls.

Joy said...

What an awesome experience at the concert! Wow! Front seats!!!
Oh my on your white sheets!

Sue said...

Loved reading you post today and sounds like you have every reason to be shattered today.

Great photos and sounds like it was a night to remember.

OMG! What can I say! At least you have your sense of humour :) And let's be fair it was an easy choice today for the white photo :)

Sue

sue

Aubrey Harns said...

Great shots. Love those acrylic albums. Someone sent me one but like you I wasn't very impressed - I had NO idea what could be done with them!!! I'm going to go home and play now!
Aubrey

Louise said...

I love that sculpture:)

Unknown said...

Concert sounds awesome! I have to admit to sniggering at your nail varnish story lol

pokettiger said...

Wonderful photos. Having 15 month old twin girls I know the day will dawn when I will discover nail polish smeared all over something. How wonderful you could keep your perspective and even think to photograph the scene.

etteY said...

my oh my!!! I LOVE YOUR SHOES! Girl! are those from rocketdogs?! It actually looked like the one I've been wanting to have.

oh your sheets! :-/

Diana said...

Oh you porthing your lovely white sheets! Great take on the prompt! Di

Andrew said...

Fantastic photos - especially of Pink. I'm afarid I've never heard of them (yes, I Know, I'm beginning to sound like my Dad!), I must broaded my horizons and try harder!
Ax

Amanda said...

Wow fab photos i am so jealous wish she would play somewhere nearer me as would love to go see her glad you and freya enjoyed it bless her

Ohhhh noooo poor white sheets lol i can relate to that cos caitlin decided to get my red nail varnish and paint the windows with it lol took ages to get off