19 Aug 2007

Busy Busy Busy

So i've completed one layout for the Scrap Studio DT which obviously you can't see at the moment but i may put a sneaky on tomorrow to tempt you to part with some of your cash....go on, you know you want to!

The two eldest stayed up last night and began making cards for the mammoth amount of birthdays coming up between now and Xmas. Not only do i have three kids birthdays (all within 4 weeks of each other) but my neice, nephew, sister, myself and Pete, Pete's mum, petes sister and petes nephew all to do so they made a start last night and made a card each from them for Natasha (who turns 2 the end of October) and Emily (who will be 4 a month later). I get the 'Lets Make Cards' mag for lazy card making and also because it's easy for the kids to follow when they do their cards so they joined me til around 2am this morning doing these two which they were both really proud of.

It was gone 6am when i dragged my butt off to bed and i woke at 1pm and went downstairs to find my mum had come over and started prepping my roast for me and put the chickens (yes with 7 mouths to feed it is plural on purpose) in the oven. I even made yorkshire puds from scratch as Auntie Bessie had let me down and not magically made enough puds to go round. I'd only made from scratch once and they'd been a disaster but this time i was like a domestic goddess which lovely high rise yorkies which tasted scrummy....who needs Auntie Bessie eh?

After much groaning about the size of the meal, everyone still managed to demolish a banoffee tart afterwards plus i still have half a chicken for curry tomorrow night!So the kids played off their huge dinner by turning the wheeled puzzle chest into a truck in the garden! Natasha wouldn't get out which started a fight with Emily.....guess which one came off worse? Yup, bigger sis Emily ended up with the tears and the plaster despite a two year advantage on Natasha Caitlin......the rivalry between these two is fierce!

Freya on the other hand just chilled after lunch, i think after a couple hours swimming this morning she was a bit pooped out, even the extraordinary amount of sugar containing sweeties that Nanny always brings round couldn't rouse her from her 'i just want to sit' mode. I did get her to sit still long enough to take some photos. I'm so happy that she's back home as i miss her so much when she's at her dads and sometimes i just want to eat her she's so scrummy. I mean, look at those eyes and lips...no make up, no enhancements nothing....and she's simply gorgeous. Luckily she has her dads skin tone and not my whiter than white complexion. This girl has a perma tan and looks fabby for it, dark hair, dark skin and dark eyes...a classic little beauty but then of course i'm biased!


Pete has just left to take my mum home and then it's off to the Simpsons Movie for him, Freya and Robert. Me? Well i've got a little housework to do, two kids to get into bed, some online catching up and then onto my second DT layout and a lil project i want to do. Whatever you're doing have a great evening and i'll leave you with my HSMS prompt which today is 'can'. This 'can' has a story, it's been sitting in my cupboard for far far far too long. One of my best and oldest friends has been living in the NE now for the past 12 years and raves about Pease Pudding. Never seen it, don't know what it is but apparently you put it in a butty. However when i (pleased as punch) told her that i'd managed to find a tin in Tesco i was shot down in flames and told NEVER eat tinned Pease pudding, only fresh! So here it is, sat, lonely, unwanted and unopened. Poor Pease Pudding!

9 comments:

Vanda said...

Love all your photos :O) Those cards are fab too xXx

Caz said...

great cards, and the angle of your photo is great!

Gemma* said...

ahhh, i feel sorry for that poor old tin, all unloved in the back of the cupboard!!! made a cool pic tho!

Angela said...

I've never tried pease pudding, but interesting can photo :-)

Lima said...

Great cards! How organised you are to get them done so well in advance!

Love the pease pudd too, haven't seen that stuff in ages...

lxx

Amanda said...

So they should be proud of those cards they are fab yor not biased freya is gorgeous those eyes just melt your heart you have 3 beautiful girls never heard of pease pudding lol

Tracie H said...

WOW! Terrie thats a fab piccie of your DD....she is a stunner.
Great cards.
T.x.x

Chantua said...

I Love your photos, they are excellent, and the cards are fantastic as well.

Louise said...

Loving your cards Terrie, I must visit your blog more often as it is very inspiring:)
Not loving your can though... pease pudding sounds VERY wrong... please tell me it isn't pea flavour pudding *shudders*