16 Aug 2007

Beer and Kebabs!

WEll my friend Liam came round last night to keep me company whilst Pete was having a beery night with mates. The plan was he would be out all night and staying with his friend to save me listening to drunken ramblings at 3am, however at 2.45am the phone goes and it's a not too rambling Pete downstairs asking me to unlock the kitchen door so he could get in! Apparently they lost one another so he'd ducked into the nearest kebab shop and made his way home. Great shot of the kebab which greeted me when i came down to the kitchen this morning! YUM!

Got to tackle Freya's bedroom today as she's coming home from a fortnight at her dads tomorrow and then i'll tackle the ickle girls room tomorrow when the pair of them are at nursery for the morning. Believe me these are full four hour jobs each!

Took delivery of some new reading today. I've never been into 'fantasy' books apart from the Lord of the Rings; Harry Potter for instance holds no draw for me and so i've never really thought about the Terry Pratchett books as anything that would interest me. But after watching the Sky TV production of the Hogfather at Xmas i was really bowled over with the humour in it which Pete had said is also in the books so when i was ordering Pete's new Harry Potter book last month i decided to add a few of the Discworld books for myself and due to some of them being out of stock at the time I recieved delivery this morning so todays plan is reading, bedroom, reading, scrapping, reading, bed! AND LITTLE ELSE!

Will leave you with todays HSMS Prompt: Chop!

11 comments:

Aubrey Harns said...

Great "action" shot. Looks wonderful!
Aubrey

Andrew said...

Love the shot, Terrie. Great to see your work.
Ax

Unknown said...

I really like the angle that youve taken this shot, looks really effective x

Vanda said...

Great shot Terrie, love it :O)

Anonymous said...

Great photo, fab close up shot love it :)

anita said...

hi terrie,

you asked about a good portrait lens. Personally i switch between my 28-75 and my 85mm prime, depending on the kind of shot i want to achieve amd environment i am shooting in. my prime goes down to f1.4 whereas the zoom is limited to f2.8. also it depends on the kind of light, indoor, outdoor, studio lighting. The self portrait in black and white that i did was under studio lighting which offers me a little more control. if i were you i would go for something around the 50mm mark and experiemnt with the aperture!

if you are shooting manual settings, you must have a pretty good idea of how your camera uses light...so i would say experiment with different lenses and see what gives you the 'feel' you are looking for!

anita
x

Hazel said...

Great photo.

pokettiger said...

Really nice photo. Love the angle. Very cool how parts are crisp and clear and others just slightly blurred. Great effect.

etteY said...

I love the blurry effect on the photo! fantastic shot :D

All of my Todays said...

Great picture the angle is great. Hope your day went to plan yesterday.

Rach
x

Cath said...

Love the witch books.