20 Aug 2007

Plant!

Well as the weather isn't built for an outside journery today i've had to use this from my 'back catalogue'! This was one of the first pics that i took using my first DSLR and it's probably the best purchase i've made. The love must've rubbed off as my step mum ended up buying the same model a couple of weeks ago...and she doesn't even have a PC LOL!

Plants are not my strong point, we have an unruly unlevel garden which needs a complete overhaul and i've never been greenfingered. Even house plants usually have only lasted a few weeks - if that! The longest plant that i managed to have was a tall spikey cactus which became so bulbous after about 6 months i had to throw it out as i couldn't replant the thing and it kept toppling out of it's pot. Like i said......not green fingered!



My Tesco vouchers came through this morning so i've sent off a request to change them to OU Vouchers to do the photography course they run in October and i can't wait. I've been quite brave with my camera and messed around in Photoshop Elements, stuck in in Manual (and even manual focus, someone get this woman a bravery award!). I'm shooting in RAW and now i want to learn what makes a good photo. After i've done the OU course i'm going to have a go at Cheryls courses that she runs online as there's been a lot of positive feedback about those and hopefully she'll run another after i've done the OU course.

They all loved the Simpson movie last night and were straining to tell me every last detail....luckily, i am still oblivious and will wait til it comes out on DVD. I have a ton of DVD's to watch but there just doesn't seem to be the hours in the day at the moment. Maybe once Big Brother ends i'll no longer become a prisoner of reality TV! Freya made another two cards last night, one for her auntie and another for her cousin so i'd better get cracking and make some more this week, I hate leaving things til the last minute, i like to start something and then not stop til it's done. I'm like that with layouts. It hasn't to get to the completed stage that day although i could spend days planning something now.

Pete is now dismantling Natashas cot and setting it up as a bed. When we go to Butlins in four weeks she'll be in a bed so thought i'd better get her used to it now. Probably in for a long night tonight! Was going through some layouts last night that i'd done in previous weeks and realised that i hadn't shared them on here so will upload one now for you.

This is a bit new for me, i thought i'd try my hand at a bit of freestyle with Junes Scrap Studio kit which was the Love Elsie Roxie range. I'm still not sure that i like it although i'm happy with the layout premise if you get what i mean. After having two girls and then becommming pregnant it seemed that everyone thought i'd be disappointed when i found out i was having another girl. Even my dad would say how lucky my sister was that she had one of each. But to me, what's more important is that i have three children who all have very different and unique personalities. They all have different things i adore about them, and they all have different things that sometimes drive me mad, so why does it matter what sex they are? I love my girls and feel more sorry for Pete who now lives in a house outnumbered 4 to 1 by women, can you imagine what it'll be like when all the hormones kick in?! No wonder he never wants to leave the Navy!

14 comments:

Debbie said...

ooh terrie my tesco vouchers came this morning too (are you a member of THE site?? would be funny to know you here AND there!) lol

great plant shot!!

Maaike said...

great plant it is, it brings summer

Louise said...

I love those flowers, they remind me of little fat fairies dancing (and no I am not on something...LOL)

Great shot:)

Terrie Farrell said...

LOL, Louise i know exactly what you mean, a bit like Mavis from Willo The Wisp! Just on the lookout for an evil TV now......haven't they brought back Willo the wisp?

Joshua said...

We have fuschias in our garden too, but yours are much prettier.

Angela said...

Love the plant photo, so pretty :-)

Lima said...

Great plant photo.

Diana said...

I do like these i used to call them ballerinas when i was little! Lovely shot

Sue said...

Ha! My Tesco vouchers came too :) I am hankering after some Goldsmiths vouchers as I could do with a new watch :)

This photo is lovely. The petals are amaxing. No wonder you were so pleased with it.

Great lo.

Have fun tonight :)

Bye for now

Sue

Joy said...

I don't do plants either. They die on me! LOL!
Nice photo and your LO looks lovely too!

Nat said...

Fab pic, way to go you with your DSLR!!! xx

Olivia said...

I absolutely love fuchsias!! They are my favourite. I love popping them. I love red hot pokers too!
We've only got three cactus and they're all falling out of their pots!

Vanda said...

That's a gorgeous photo Terrie, you can even see the shinyness of the flowers :O)

All of my Todays said...

Love the picture of the fuschia they are such a beautiful and summery plant. I am sooo jealous about you going to see Pink. I've been looking at the photography course with the OU too but have decided to do it in May as I thought the light might be better then. No tesco round here though :(
Rach
x