15 Aug 2007

A New Layout To Share

I've been working on it for a couple of days actually but after putting it together as a 12x12 I was so scared by the amount of 'white space' that i ended up ripping it apart and reassembling it as an 11x8.5 layout. It's more usage out of the new Scrap Studio kit which i am loving. The layout comes from a picture taken 10 years ago (OMG Can it be true!) of myself and one of my best mates Tammy. She's my oldest friend and i've known her since we were at primary school together. This picture was taken at a time when things were pretty rough for me, i'd just lost my first baby and was kind of hiding myself away when i got dragged out to the HMS Raleigh air show where my then husband was working. We had a fun time, picking out unsuspecting sailors as potential love interests for her and we definately had too much to drink, sloshing around on the Torpoint Ferry on the way home. It's funny to see my hair like this aswell, not only so short...but red.....and straight! I think i must have had at least 30 different styles since we've known each other.
I used a Jenni Bowlin chipboard star to cut out the paper the right shape and added some Ice Stickles and Doodlebug sticky gems to the flowers to give them a bit of a sparkle. Aren't these flowers from the papers damn hot?! I think so anyway. Oh and the journalling block is from the very fantastic Creative Imaginations Journalers Notebook.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

ooh gorgeous layout!!

Sue said...

Done it . . . more than once. I love white space in other people's creations but find it hard to have it in mine. I am trying hard though with the digi scrapping to leave some :)

Colours are lovely :) Friends are so special aren't they ?

Nina said...

Really really lovely