14 Aug 2007

Sleep Tight

Well i managed the mother of all lie ins today....after deciding that it was pointless having a sleep during the day yesterday i decided to stay up and just get an early night instead. However, it wasn't exactly an early night because i forgot to take the Banoffee tart out of the freezer to defrost and there was no way i was leaving Pete along with a whole Banoffee tart and going to bed because the whole thing would've disappeared! Cheesecakes, Tarts and Tubs of Ben & Jerrys' have a very short shelf life in this house when Pete is on the prowl for night time sweetness!

So i took my uncompleted work into the living room (feeling slightly the worse for wear) and added the finishing touches to my minibook. I made it using the new Scrap Studio July kit (previously Modscraps) and these Cherry Arte papers are so bright and summery.
The minibook was inspired by the one that new Scrap Studio DT member Cleo had done in the kit magazine. Check out her blog for the most amazing wedding cake i've ever seen, it is just too gorgeous and so was she on her wedding day, congratulations Cleo. I used some of the photos that i'd taken on Saturdays beach trip for the minibook, and i've spent ages putting together some VCD slideshows of photos taken this year for the family. I only learnt how to do this since seriously having a proper playaround with adobe elements and they're perfect to send to Petes family who are all up in Wigan. Big softie i am, I always get a bit teary and choked up watching slideshows accompanied by music and if the kids are being a little too scary or i'm feeling down it's the greatest pick me up in the world.

The sun has finally gone in down here, grey skies and a storm apparently on the way so another beach trip looks unlikely this week. I'm hoping it will brighten up a bit when Freya comes home from her dads on Friday. This weekend they'll all go to see the Simpsons movie, I've drawn the short straw and will be home with the ickles so i know by the time they come home afterwards i will have had the full run down of exactly what happens!

Well i've just looked up the HSMS Prompt for today and it's Pasta. So will leave you with my photo du jour! Or rather two of them, I couldn't decide which one i liked best so i'd be interested to hear your comments on which one you think is the better picture. Thanks for looking and have a great grey day! X

15 comments:

Sue said...

The mini book is simply gorgeous. The colours are fab :)

Not sure which photo I prefer :( I like them both but for different reasons so I am no help to you. Sorry :)

Sue

Sue said...

The mini book is simply gorgeous. The colours are fab :)

Not sure which photo I prefer :( I like them both but for different reasons so I am no help to you. Sorry :)

Sue

Sue said...

Great blogger said page error so now I've posted twice . . . make that thrice :)

All of my Todays said...

I like the top one the most as there is more contrast.
Rach
x

Looby said...

fabby pasta shots - I like both!! and that mini book is just gorgeous!

Lima said...

Love the mini book, I'm far too scared to attempt anything like that!

I like shot one best, just love that angle, lol! ;-)

Lxx

Olivia said...

I really like the mini book! I think I like the second one best.

Maaike said...

great shots

Vanda said...

What fab pasta photos, I think spaghetti seems more photogenic than other pasta :O) LOVE your minibook, simply stunning xXx

Anonymous said...

That mini book looks awesome :o) I love it! The colours are so scrummy.

Love your pasta shots too - think I slightly prefer the 1st one though xxx

Nat said...

Fab shots, the first one is the most striking I think, and your projets are beautiful xx

etteY said...

I like the first shot ;) and your mini book is cute!

Diana said...

Must try that mini book! Your pasta is awesome especially the top one.

pokettiger said...

Great pasta photos. Love the perspective.

mil lunares said...

wohoo! Missed this fantastic pasta shots. There are both really cool!