31 Aug 2007

Ready for my Valium

Well today is the four kids four and under day! House is all ready for it, beds all ready and big wooden stick ready (only kidding about that last one so please don't panic!). Been really tired the past couple of days so going to try and take it as easy as possible with the kids tonight, although i know thats easier said than done.
Been to the post office just now to pick up the CJ which was waiting for me and i'm thrilled to have it back home. The theme was confessions and the girls in my CJ team have all done an amazing job. I'm going to ask if i can put the pics on my blog and if that's a yes then i'll share it with you later in the week.



did this layout last week, again with the Scrap Studio kit for August (still some left if you fancy it!) and i did the Crafty Pastimes class which was on UKS last month. I really enjoyed this class and as i have loads of photos i may do this again to try and catch up on my ever growing mountain. I don't often do multiple photo pages but am coming to the realisation that if i don't start doing some more soon I'll never get them done.

Onto this weeks HSMS Prompt, Saturdays are now self portrait day and i'm having palpatations in the morning waking up and knowing what has to be done. This is very scary for someone as camera shy as me. I know it's something that i need to get over but i just hate photos of myself, i always have one eye twice the size of the other, a huge double chin, wonky hairline, age spots, underplucked eyebrows etc etc.....

So here it is, no make up, no tripod (woah this is hard!) took about 20 shots just to get this but i've desaturated it and made it a bit darker to try and hide some flaws! LOL, maybe soon i'll be a little braver...diet allowing!

15 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh yes - an air of mystery! - I like it!

Louise said...

Was that me you were describing? Well done for a great photo.

Louise said...

Was that me you were describing? Well done for a great photo.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was me you were describing--how many of us have this problem. Actually, I do have one eye that opens wider than the other due to an eye surgery many years ago. It's really annoying in these self-portraits! I love the black and white--and the way you took this, or cropped it, there's no air of terror after all. I like the photo a lot.

All of my Todays said...

Terrie you have nothing to worry about you look terrific. I think we all have bits we hate mines my wonky front tooth, double chin, eyebrows, belly, bum, boobs, thighs ............ x

Sarah Youde said...

Great photo Terrie, I don't know what you worry about you always look ab fab!

mil lunares said...

great shape and mysterious darkness.. I like that shot!

Sarah said...

Great Picture Terrie - you're much braver than me, I won't look at the camera unless I've had a couple of stiff brandys first.

Hope tonight goes ok x

Anonymous said...

Cool photo and you were much braver than me I was a total chicken lol :)

Maaike said...

love your angle!

Katy said...

Lovely photo and LO,

Sam said...

Really lovely photo...great LO as well!

Joy said...

Love the black and white! Nice photo!

Vanda said...

Very dramatic :O) I think I may have a sollution to out problem Terrie ~ next week I'm going to wink at the camera ~ ROFL! Well done for posting a photo, at least we're all in the same boat hun xXx

Angela said...

Lovely shot!