30 Aug 2007

Dish of the Day


What a great day i've had.....firstly, posty bought me the new Scrap Studio mag so it looks like everyone is starting to get their kits and i can share some of my lil projects with you fully. I rang Freya to say the mag is here as she is at her dads this week and she's so chuffed that her photo is in the magazine, I can't wait for her to see it properly.

So I'm riding high on the way of feeling wonderful to be in the mag with such talented people. There were some great projects in there and i'll definately be making one of Cleos mini books again....that girl is sooooo talented.

Another project i made was an altered tin and box. This was the packaging that the lil birdies came in (these were just the cutest). The inside box was the perfect size for a Maze book.....one of the easiest little books to make, very fast and perfect as a quick project.....if you haven't made one yet or am wondering what the heck i'm talking about....the instructions can be found here. I'll share some more work tomorrow but have loads of other stuff to ramble on about first.

I was up late again last night and when i scrap i listen to Talk Sport on the Radio...actually it's on in my kitchen all the time as i'm a bit of a football queen but i also love listening late at night as it's funny listening to callers to the James Whale show who seem to fall into one of two catergories...either they have a massive chip on their shoulder about something (or most things) or they are completely barking mad! The times i've laughed out loud late at night whilst everyone else has been asleep are numerable. Anyway...i had a little credit left on my phone and they had a lowest bid auction thing to win a DAB radio and i sent a couple of texts and got a call this morning to say that i'd won! So chuffed...£3 worth of texts and i've got a DAB radio coming to me...i have no idea what it's like and i have a lovely DAB stereo in the living room so this may be my upstairs one from now on as i'm stuck with FM up there and not a great reception.

So my late night scrapping was a success in more ways than one...i got another two layouts done using a Jenni Bowlin kit which i've had for ages. I've actually cancelled my subscription now as they weren't really my thing....i'm not really a 'pretty pretty' scrapper so the papers and embellishments were always a bit too muted for me. At least i got a couple done though but i won't share them just yet as i'm using them for something else.

What i will share with you though is my HSMS photos for today. The prompt was dish so here are mine...check out that moss growing on our satelite dish!

But of course my favourite dish is this one.........

12 comments:

sharon said...

love the interpretation..reminds me of the film An Officer and a Gentleman..great pics.x

Diana said...

Love your pics of the dishy man! Thanks for the link to the DSLR site I will check it out
Di
X

Amanda said...

Your los are fab as always great pic of the dish esp your DH good thinking on that one lol

Mary said...

Yummy.......like your second dish Terrie, like Sharon said, An Officer and a Gentleman.

M x

Olivia said...

Thanks for your comment! Great photos!

Unknown said...

Great interpretation....
Caz
x

Sue said...

Oh! A man in uniform :)

Great pics especially the one of your hubby :)

Just been catching up on your posts. Great reading, smashing lo & book and fab photos :)

Now need to find out what Scrap Studio is.

Congratulations on you win and your publication.

Bye for now

Sue

Aubrey Harns said...

Great shots. Love the dishy man! Too cute!
Aubrey

Vanda said...

Great dish shots (don't you just love a man in uniform!), love the clouds from yesterday too :O)

Charli said...

love both pics, love a man i uniform though - that is my favourite dish lol

Hazel said...

Love both dish photos!! - especially the second!! Lovely LOs

All of my Todays said...

I think the 2nd dish is much dishier than the first one. LOL :)