27 Aug 2007

Finally!



Something i can share fully with you. Been working on this Lippy Chick book since Friday (very slow for me to be on and off but loads of handcutting and Ice Stickles cannot be rushed).It's all photos taken at the Wacky Warehouse in September last year. Everything i used was from the July Scrap Studio kit which came with the most gorgeous Cherry Arte papers.....these are definately my kind of colours!

There was also a full sheet of the Hambly journalling overlays which are lovely. I write on mine using a Sharpie poster paint pen with a very fine nib. They are lovely pens to use, certainly the best white pen i've found so far and believe me i've tried a lot of pens. I've also found the best way of adhereing them is with the glue dots 'didi dots' if it's not possible to disguise your glue. I'm hoping to use some of the transparencies on my acrylic album which i'm hoping i may be able to share a taster of next week.



There are still a few of the July Summer Fun Kits available to buy from Scrap Studio here, so if you like the look of the colours and things go and check out what other goodies you get with it, i haven't even touched the mountain of alphas in there yet so i'm going to do another layout tonight aswell as my final CJ entry for the Winter Warmers Newbie CJ.
The covers of the books i've always struggled with in the past and always left blank but i was determined to do something with it this time even if it did just end up with some doodling on the front. We had a great time seeing the family and it's now more significant than ever as it was shortly after we came home that Petes dad was taken into hospital.


After these photos were taken we all sat down and had our last meal out with them. We had a great time....laughing at how messy the kids were with their food and managing to get Petes' mum to have a glass of wine. I guess these are our last real moments with John as he deteriorated so rapidly that the next and last time we saw him he was in a hospital bed.Freya knows that grandpa grumps has passed away and Natasha was too young unfortunately to ever really KNOW her grandad but Emily asks about him all the time and isn't aware of his passing. She often says she wants to go and see grandad john and nana Rose but at 3 it's hard to explain to her what happened.

So hopefully little books and memories like these will mean that much more to her when she's older.

9 comments:

This Teacher said...

I love it. I really want to do one of those flap books (or are they flip books?? I can never remember which is which!). Must get me one of those sharpie pens too, I've never yet found a good white pen.

Sorry to hear about your FIL. It's very hard for children to understand isn't it.

Anonymous said...

oooh this is awesome... I love it:)

Hazel said...

Absolutely fabulous - wht a super keepsake.

Lima said...

Love this book!

WRT my blog, If you'd like to email me at: briarpatchmailbox-hsms@yahoo.co.uk I'll give you access. Lxx

This Teacher said...

Thanks for your comment and letting me know where to get the Sharpie pen from. Shall add that to my shopping list!! To access Lin's blog you need to get her to 'invite' you. Not sure whether you've already worked it out or not but if you go to the forum that Anita set up for us to chat in then you'll be able to post a message for Lin. HTH.

This Teacher said...

Ooops, I posted at the same time as Lin LOL.

Sarah Youde said...

Beautiful flap book Terrie!

Anne said...

FABULOUS!!! Hi Terri and Thank You for visiting me - look what I've been missing! I am so inspired! Your scrapping is out of this world, I have so much to learn! Love your blog!

Olivia said...

I love the colours and flowers in the little book!
The photos were great yesterday aswell!