28 Aug 2007

Apples of my eye!

Well what a funny old day it's been today. Both girls seem whacked already, Natasha is having a nap and as i was just taking my 'apple' picture and others i heard a slight snore behind and turned around to see THIS..........

Emily had fallen asleep sat on her chair in the play room with a shopping basket on her head.....yup basket case indeed!

Spent a busy night crafting. In fact i didn't go to bed til 3am so am a bit pooped myself today so must try and get an early night tonight however it's a football night so i know it's unlikely to happen. I finished my last entry for the Winter Warmers Newbie CJ over on UKScrappers. If you're part of the CJ then look away now if you don't want a spoiler! Too late.


This one was a 'Power of Words' CJ and all about your favourite book. I must admit that reading anything other than the newspaper and the occasional glossy hasn't been of much priority over the last 10 years, well not since i was pregnant with my eldest but i'm making an effort now to put that to bed. After being dragged in to watch the Hogfather at Xmas on Sky One (very reluctantly) I fell in love with the film and in particular....Death (the character of course, just in case you hadn't seen it thought i'd better point that out!).

So since then i went out and bought the first seven Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett and started reading them last week and I am totally loving it. I've never been someone into Fantasy books but his wit and imagination is just phenomenal. If you haven't read these books, do give them a try...even if they're not normally you're thing because they are just so damn funny!

I used all the goodies from the July Scrap Studio kit and i must admit to not having a lot left of it now, maybe enough hand cut bits and titles and ribbons for one more layout and a couple of cards so hopefully i'll use that all up tonight. It's posting day for the August kit today and i can't wait to get my copy of the magazine with my guest DT bits in. I really am so excited and then i can also share what i've done with you.

I finished another layout this afternoon that i started last night.....it's actually a class from the Summer Fun workshops run on UKS last month which i didn't have time to do when they came out.
This one is from the Love Is...by Crafty Pastimes class...you can see all the classes here......i've seen some great work in the gallery on UKS done during the classes so am going to dip in and out of them over the next week or so. As the layout was done using kit which hasn't gone out yet i'll just show a sneaky peak and then i can share a load of stuff with you once i know everyone is getting their kits from Scrap Studio.

Well finally, the HSMS photo today was apple! I don't have the best apples in the house at the moment as i am in dire need of a good food shop so this is it for today. Hope everyone is well and the weather isn't as miserable as it is here wherever you are. Right, off to check out some galleries! X

10 comments:

Eleanor said...

Some fabby work there, and such a funny photo of Emily. You just have to scrap that for sure.
E
xx

Hazel said...

What a cutie Emily is! Love your crafting.

Vanda said...

Wow you have been busy :O) Love the photos especially the basket case ~ ROFL xXx

Angela said...

Cutest basket case I ever saw! Great apple shot!

All of my Todays said...

LOL I love the shot of Emily she looks so cute. :)

Unknown said...

Bless her, that photo really made me laugh. Love the sneaky peeks and what a great shot of your apple x

Amanda said...

Thats a great piccie of emily so sweet i missed the hogfather but heard good reviews dont know how you manage these late night scrapping sessions fab work as always tho

Louise said...

Love you crafty bits:) and what a great basket case shot:) and you apple looks yum:)

Sarah Youde said...

Great work Terrie, you just keep getting better! Love the photos too - bless Emily she must have been tired.

Diana said...

What a cutie and I do like your apple shot