30 Aug 2007

Quick week!




Not sure why but this week seems to have flown by...i'm glad it has as Freya has been out her dads this week so i'm looking forward to getting her home on Sunday but first i have a BIG challenge. I've offered to look after my niece and nephew overnight on Saturday so my lil sis can have some R&R with her better half. Four kids four and under isn't something i'm relishing...especially as Pete is away and with the two eldest not being home it's literally me.....and a bunch of preschoolers. Scared.....me? Nah, the more the merrier...i'm sure if i hadn't been sterilised i'd have popped out at least one a year til i could no more...i'd be like the old woman in the shoe.

There is a small part of me can't wait for the kids to leave home so we can have the 'us' time that you just don't get when you enter into a second marriage. We already came with kids in tow so we didn't have that silly time you get where you're so wrapped up in each other that everyone else gets pushed to the side.....you just don't do that when you have kids. But one thing we do normally do is go away together for a night on our birthday......we both share a birthday you see. I must admit that when he told me this i thought it was a line....you know like.....'oh really, that's my mothers name' type of thing. In fact i made him dig out his driving licence to prove he wasn't lying to me (trusting aren't i?).

It's become a kind of tradition that Pete and I go out for a meal on our birthday and stay the night at a hotel. This little trip has usually been financed by family slipping us a few bob and it's always a night where we seem to pour over how our relationship has changed in the previous 12 months. This year however, Pete goes back to Scotland the day before our birthday and then theres every chance that i won't see him again for over two months and that really makes me sad. It's been a difficult few years with the vast majority of the last two spent apart. Come November I'll only see him from late Friday through til Sunday evening for another six months and then he'll be back on another sub which has a deployment planned so possibly another 7 or 8 month sea stretch. I don't think any naval wife ever gets used to it....we just learn to cope and adapt (or at least cope on the surface). I guess tonight is just one of those times where i just want to let Pete know how much i love him, appreciate him and care about him because i know he reads this on the sly.......... LOVE YOU BABE! X

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, ((((((hugs)))))))) to you both x

Amanda said...

Aww the pics are lovely you look great together