17 Aug 2007

In shock!

Do you know that after all the personal stuff that's gone on (and some of which is sadly ongoing)...last night and this morning have been awesome! Checked my inbox late last night and had a email from Mandy at Scrap Studio (previously the Modscraps kits) and she's asked me if i would like to be the first guest DT on the new kit! Dumbstruck i was...completely dumbstruck...of course i bl**dy would! So these lovely goodies are winging their way to me and i hope i can do justice to it all.

Im loving the look of these colours and just check out those embossed birdies and crotched flowers.....can't wait to get my hands on them. It's come at a really good time for me, a bit of a confidence boost i suppose. I'd not entered Scrapbook Inspirations BOB Newcomer because i just wasn't feeling very confident so to be asked to do this and feature in the newly launched kit mag with the likes of Kirsty Wiseman, Cleo Evans, Jenny Cocks and Ruth Austin is truly going to be humbling. I've subbed to the kit since January and have been in awe of some of their work.
Thanks for the opportunity Mandy and i hope i can do a good job for you!

My second little surprise arrived about an hour ago. There i was expecting Liz to send me instructions for an envelope book she'd made and what i got instead (or should i say aswell as) was this pizza box brimming with not only the instructions, mountboard, paper and embellis to make it....but this lovely envelope book that she'd made for me. It is gorgeous Liz, so well made and I can't wait to have a play with this myself now. This is one of those days when i realise what a lucky girl i am!

These pics really don't do this book justice but i can tell you it's amazing and perfect as a gift, going to think of a nice way to use it so that everyone gets to see it.

And last but not least, here's my HSMS photo for the day....lock. Unfotunately Pete is still in bed and as i only have Picassa on the downstairs pc i can't put a title or anything on it. After the last couple of days i'm beginning to wish i had more interesting windows, doors and locks in my house...unfortunately i don't so you're stuck with these!

14 comments:

Hazel said...

Congratulations on the DT place!! Yay!!! Love the lock photo.

Debbie said...

congrats on the guest spot and i love all those goodies!! Fab lock photo too!

Vanda said...

Well done getting a place on the DT :O) Have fun with all your goodies xXx

etteY said...

love the goodies! cute and colorful ;) and cool shot on the lock... i really love the blur effect on it!

Jolanda said...

Congrats pon the DT place! Love your lock-picture!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That kit looks scrummy :o) Think I will have to purchase that one. Huge congratulations on the DT spot! xxx

mil lunares said...

brilliant shot of your door lock!! and congrats to your job as a DT member!

Caz said...

toot toot for your guest DT spot! And I love how you have focused on the 'back' of the lock and left the 'front' blurred, fab effect.

Diana said...

Congratulations!!! Fab lock photo!

Angela said...

I love your scrapping! Nice lock. :)

Sarah Youde said...

Oh Wow Terrie, you must be soooo excited - congratulations!

Angela said...

Wow, have fun using all of the goodies.

Great close up on the lock :-)

Maaike said...

great picture

Olivia said...

I love all the stuff you got, it looks great. So does the photo of the lock!